What is Umbraco Cloud?
Here you can find information about getting started working with Umbraco Cloud.
Umbraco Cloud is our hosting option for your favorite Umbraco CMS. Built on the Microsoft Azure Cloud and encompassing web standard approaches, Umbraco Cloud is familiar to Umbraco's new and old users. With Umbraco Cloud, there are no limits to what you can accomplish. Anything you can do with Umbraco and web technology you can do with Umbraco Cloud.
Umbraco Cloud takes care of installation, infrastructure, and security. You will also get the tools to work with your project in the Cloud or locally. Local development starts with cloning the project down to your PC or Mac.
When you are ready to show your work to the world, Umbraco Cloud provides a safe deployment mechanism that lets you publish to the web. When you have changes or updates to your site, Umbraco Cloud follows the process of moving, testing, and deploying your changes to your public site.
Umbraco Cloud offers shared hosting in 3 different plans:
How to create Umbraco Cloud trial
Since we set up the entire project, we recommend that you get to know your project before you start building.
To create a project in Umbraco Cloud Portal:
- 2.Click Create New Project.
- 3.Select Umbraco Cloud from the list of projects.
- 4.Choose a Plan Selection as per your choice.
- 5.On the Project Information page, enter the Project Name.
- 6.[Optional] Select Create from baseline and Choose baseline from the drop-down list to select the Cloud project the new project should be based on.
- 7.Choose an Umbraco version from the drop-down list.
- 8.Choose the Region from the drop-down list.
- 9.Choose an owner from the drop-down list.
- 10.In the Technical Contact section, enter the Name, Email, and Telephone number.
- 11.Select I have read and agree to the terms and conditions and the Data Processing Agreement.
- 12.Click Create Project.
When you create a:
- Trial project for the first time - a unique project name will be generated for you.
- Project from the Umbraco Cloud Portal - you will get to choose a name for the project.
An Umbraco Cloud project name is unique, which means if a project with the name you choose already exists, you will need to choose another name before you can create the project.
Once a project is created, you can view its overview in Umbraco Cloud Portal:
The Overview Page consists of:
- Name: The name of the project.
- Alias - The alias of the project.
- Plan - The plan selected for the project. Available plans are Starter, Standard, or Professional.
- Payment status - The payment status of the project.
- Created by - The name and email of the project creator.
- Creation date - The date the project was created.Project Overview Page
You might not always want to start your Umbraco Cloud project with a clean slate. Perhaps you have an already existing site that you want to move on to the Cloud. For this purpose, we've created a Migration guide that you can follow to successfully move your project to Umbraco Cloud.