Create a new version of an article
Learn how to create a new version of an article based on an existing or upcoming Umbraco CMS version.
The documentation is versioned using directories in the root of the repository. The major Umbraco CMS version number is used to name the directories, and you will find documentation for each versioned Umbraco product within them.
The documentation follows the Long Term Support (LTS) strategy for Umbraco CMS. This means that whenever a major version is End of Life (EOL), documentation for that version will be moved to GitHub.
Read the Documentation and versions article to learn more about how to handle documentation for the different versions.
In order to create a new version of an article, follow these steps:
- 1.Access the UmbracoDocs GitHub repository.
- 2.Fork the repository.
- 3.Clone your fork to your local machine.
It is also possible to make changes and submit PRs directly through GitHub. This is sometimes easier when the change you're suggesting is minor.
- 4.Grab a copy of the existing article you are looking to update.
- 5.Add the copy to the directory for the version you're updating the article for.
- 6.Make the changes.
- 7.Commit and push the updates to GitHub.
- 8.Submit a PR to the original UmbracoDocs repository.