Detailed instructions on how to install and configure Checkout into your Umbraco Commerce implementation.
The Checkout package can be installed directly into your project's code base using NuGet packages.
To install the Umbraco Commerce Checkout package via NuGet run the following command directly in the NuGet Manager Console window in Visual Studio:
PM> Install-Package Umbraco.Commerce.Checkout
Alternatively, you can also find and install the NuGet package via the NuGet Package Manager.
Installing Umbraco Commerce Checkout via the NuGet Package Manager.
When the Checkout package is installed, all relevant database configurations automatically occur via Umbraco Migrations. There are a series of content creation steps that need to be triggered manually as these types of migrations are not supported by Umbraco.
To install the relevant Checkout content follow these steps:
- 1.Access the Umbraco CMS backoffice.
- 2.Navigate to the Settings section.
- 3.Locate the Checkout Dashboard.
The Checkout Dashboard in the Settings section of the Umbraco backoffice.
- 4.Click the Install button.
- 5.Select your site's root node which is configured with a Umbraco Commerce store.
- 6.Click Install.
The dialog that appears when installing content through the Checkout dashboard.
During this install, Umbraco Commerce checkout will perform the following tasks:
- Create the Umbraco Commerce Checkout Data Types (Colour picker and checkout step picker).
- Create the Umbraco Commerce Checkout Document Types (Checkout page and checkout step page).
- Create the Umbraco Commerce Checkout content nodes beneath the select site root node (unpublished).
- Configure the Umbraco Commerce store with custom Umbraco Commerce Checkout email templates and required payment providers.
Before upgrading, it is always advisable to take a complete backup of your site/database.
The Checkout package uses a combination of database migrations and a manual install dashboard for both installs and upgrades. Upgrading is generally a case of installing the latest version over the existing package and running through the installation steps.