What is Umbraco Cloud?
Here you can find information about getting started working with Umbraco Cloud.
Umbraco Cloud is our hosting option for your favorite Umbraco CMS. Built on the Microsoft Azure Cloud and encompassing web standard approaches, Umbraco Cloud is familiar to Umbraco's new and old users. With Umbraco Cloud, there are no limits to what you can accomplish. Anything you can do with Umbraco and web technology you can do with Umbraco Cloud.
How to create Umbraco Cloud trial
Umbraco Cloud offers shared hosting in 3 different plans:
The easiest way to get started with an Umbraco Cloud project is to take a 14-day free trial. The project is automatically created and you are ready to get started within a few minutes.
Since we set up the entire project, we recommend that you get to know your project before you start building.
To start working with and building your site, you can either work directly in the backoffice on the Cloud environment or you can clone down the project to your local machine. For Mac users, see Working with Mac.
To create a project in Umbraco Cloud Portal:
- 2.Click Create New Project.
- 3.Select Umbraco Cloud from the list of projects.
- 4.Choose a Plan Selection as per your choice.
- 5.Choose the Umbraco version for your Project.
- 6.Enter the Project Name.
- 7.Choose a Region.
- 8.Choose a Project Owner and add Technical Contacts.
- 9.Click Continue.
- 10.Verify that everything looks correct and check I have read and agree to the terms and conditions and the Data Processing Agreement.
- 11.Click Create Project.
When you create a:
- Trial project for the first time - a unique project name will be generated for you.
- Project from the Umbraco Cloud Portal - you will get to choose a name for the project.
An Umbraco Cloud project name is unique, which means if a project with the name you choose already exists, you will need to choose another name before you can create the project.
Once a project is created, you can view its overview in Umbraco Cloud Portal:
- 2.Select your Project from the Projects dashboard.
- 3.Go to Project Settings and click Overview.
The Overview Page consists of:
- Name - The name of the project.
- Alias - The alias of the project.
- Plan - The plan selected for the project. Available plans are Starter, Standard, or Professional.
- Payment status - The payment status of the project.
- Created by - The name and email of the project creator.
- Creation date - The date the project was created.Project Overview Page
Umbraco Cloud takes care of installation, infrastructure, and security. You will also get the tools to work with your project in the Cloud or locally. Local development starts with cloning the project down to your PC or Mac.
When you are ready to show your work to the world, Umbraco Cloud provides a safe deployment mechanism that lets you publish to the web. When you have changes or updates to your site, Umbraco Cloud follows the process of moving, testing, and deploying your changes to your public site.