Umbraco UI Builder is a commercial product. You can run an Umbraco UI Builder unrestricted locally without the need a license. Running Umbraco UI Builder on a public domain will display a warning banner in the backoffice and will limit usage to a single editable collection. To remove these restrictions, you'll need to have a valid license.
Licenses are sold per backoffice domain and will also work on all subdomains. If you have alternative staging/qa environment domains, additional domains can be added to the license on request.
The licenses are not bound to a specific product version. They will work for all versions of the related product.
Let's say that you have a license configured for your domain,
mysite.com, and you've requested two development domains,
The license will cover the following domains:
You can have only 1 license per Umbraco installation.
There are a few differences as to what the licenses cover:
- A single license covers the installation of Umbraco UI Builder in 1 production backoffice domain, as well as in any requested development domains.
- The production domain includes all subdomains (e.g.
- The development domains work with or without the
- The license allows for an unlimited number of editable collections.
- The license also includes
*.localas a valid domain.
This is an add-on domain for existing licenses. Refunds will not be given for this product.
You can purchase a license via the Umbraco UI Builder project page. A member of the Sales team will manage this process. In the process, you will need to provide all domains you wish to have covered by the license such as primary and staging/qa domains. You should then receive a license code to be installed in your solution.
Once you have received your license code it needs to be installed on your site.
- 1.Open the root directory for your project files.
- 2.Locate and open the
- 3.Add your Umbraco UI builder license key to
You can verify that your license is successfully installed by logging into your project's backoffice and navigating to the settings section. Here you will see a license dashboard which should display the status of your license.