This article shows how to manually upgrade Umbraco Commerce to run the latest version. When upgrading Umbraco Commerce, be sure to also consult the version specific upgrade notes to learn about potential breaking changes and common pitfalls.
Before upgrading, it is always advisable to take a complete backup of your site and database.
To upgrade to the latest version of Umbraco Commerce you can use:
- Visual Studio
- NuGet installs the latest version of the package when you use the
dotnet add package Umbraco.Commercecommand unless you specify a package version:
dotnet add package Umbraco.Commerce --version <VERSION>
- After you have added a package reference to your project by executing the
dotnet add package Umbraco.Commercecommand in the directory that contains your project file, run
dotnet restoreto install the package.
- 1.Go to
NuGet Package Manager->
Manage NuGet Packages for Solution...in Visual Studio, to upgrade Umbraco Commerce:
- 2.Select Umbraco.Commerce.
- 3.Select the latest version from the Version drop-down and click Install.
- 4.When the command completes, open the .csproj file to make sure the package reference is updated:
<PackageReference Include="Umbraco.Commerce" Version="xx.x.x" />
If you are using one or more of the below sub-packages, they also need to be upgraded as well: