Migrating Users to Umbraco Cloud
In this guide we show you how you can migrate users from your existing on-premise site to Umbraco Cloud and Umbraco ID.
In this guide, we show you how you can migrate users from your on-premises site to Umbraco Cloud and Umbraco ID.
We will use SQL Server Management Studio to generate a script of the user tables in your SQL Database.
- SQL database used on your on-prem site.
- SQL Server Management Studio.
- A cloud site that you are migrating to.
To migrate users to Umbraco Cloud, we need to copy the tables beginning with
umbracoUserto the Cloud site from your on-premises database.
This is done by generating a script using SQL Server Management Studio that we can run on our Umbraco Cloud Database.
Below are the steps to generate a script with the
- 1.Go to SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the database from which you want to migrate the users.
- 2.Right-click on it and go to Tasks > Generate script.
- 3.Follow the Wizard.
- 4.Choose Select specific tables when prompted to Select the database object to script.
- 5.Choose the following tables:
- 1.Click Next and then click Advanced
- 2.Find Type of data to script and choose Data only.
- 3.Choose where to save the script and save it.
- 5.Run the script on your Umbraco Cloud Database.
- 6.Restart your Umbraco Cloud environment.
Once the script has been run on your Umbraco Cloud Database, it is time for the users to log in to the Cloud backoffice.
The user will be prompted to log in and they should use the password they used on-premises installation.
Once the user logs in they will be asked to enter their email to receive a token and verify their user in Umbraco ID.
Enter the code to verify the user with Umbraco ID.
Once the user has been verified, they will be redirected to the backoffice and their user has been migrated to Umbraco ID and Umbraco Cloud.